5 Handy Tools to Help you Edit and Lay out your images
Hi everyone! I figure it's about time to start sharing some tips! I've been really impressed with the wide variety of tools out there to make it easy for everyone to create swanky looking images with nice design elements. I use them on my Instagram, on the blog, Pinterest, and to help put presentations together. They're perfect to help polish up your message or image and they really are so easy to use.
1. Canva - I created a simple image for this post with Canva. The site is full of beautiful layouts for a variety of uses covering social posts to business cards to presentations. There is a wide range of elements to use and it's incredibly user friendly. Everything I've used from them so far is free however there are premium elements that appear to run very cheaply. As a bonus I can tell you that their customer service is on point. I had a question while working on my first design and a super friendly rep got back to me in no time and we sorted it out (user error, naturally) :)
2. Wordswag - These images with quotes overlaid on top were created using Wordswag. It's an app with gorgeous layouts and elements to add words to your images. It pretty much handles all the design heavy lifting for you or you can tweak it yourself. There's also a quote generator tool that can offer you something inspiring if you're looking for a little help. It runs $2.99 in the app store.
3. Fotor - I don't know about you but since Lightroom is my preferred tool for post processing I have no interest in going into Photoshop unless it's absolutely necessary. That said, Fotor has saved hours of time and kept me stress free when it comes time to lay out my images for specific purposes. The 2-up from Yosemite featured here was created in about 5 clicks. There are all sorts of handy collage layouts and it's so easy. Drag and drop. They also have editorial capabilities too if you don't want all the bells and whistles of some of the more expensive programs. Everything I've ever used is free there. I'm actually not sure if there are any paid features.
4. Typic - This one is so fun! Typic is an app to layout text onto your images. It's kind of like if Wordswag and Instagram had a baby. There are loads of filters for your photos and then you can lay out the words and design elements in a variety of clever ways to give more impact to your images. There are paid and free versions of this one.
5. VSCO - The peeps over at Visual Supply Co have changed my digital post-production woes into a total dream. I often use their film collections for the photos from my DSLR. Thankfully they made a mini version VSCO cam for those of us who are just as obsessed with our images from our phone. Each pack comes with beautiful film-like filters to turn your phone pics into something a little more special.
Well that's it! Hope you all find these helpful. Can't wait to share the next round of goodies.